This page offers a due explanation of how to add your website to the “Useful links” page, as well as how to place your advert in the “Bike Gremlin partners” section, that’s in the right sidebar of each page.
2. “Useful links” page
….2.1. How to add your site to the “Useful links” page?
….2.2. Which criteria is used to decide whether a site gets added?
….2.3. What if a link offer is declined?
3. Advertising – Bike Gremlin partners
….3.1. How to place your advert on bikegremlin.com?
….3.2. Criteria for advertisement acceptance
Bike Gremlin web site was started and is driven by pure enthusiasm. The idea is to provide, on the Internet, in one place, a source of good and reliable information on bicycles, cycling and mechanics (bicycle maintenance and repairs). This goes for the entire webiste content, including shared links in the “Useful links” page, as well as the adverts. Exceptions are:
- Google adds, placed in the lower right corner of pages, below the site navigation links – noted as “Google ads“. This way Google ads don’t interfere with site navigation (no ads in the middle of a post or blocking site navigation menus, loading between page loads etc.) but still help for paying domain, hosting and SSL certificates possible, so this site can remain independent, secure and live.
- “Google chosen content” at the bottom of each page, where, apart from ads, selected pages from this site are shown, according to each individual user previous searches and interests. I believe this helps finding relevant content on the site.
“Useful links” page contains a list of websites that bikegremlin.com author considers very good and useful for bicycles, cycling, and/or mechanics.
If your website offers relevant cycling, or mechanics information, fill in the contact form in the bottom of this page, adding a link to your site in the “Message” field and an e-mail address of your website’s administrator. The website will be looked over and, if its content makes it a good source of information, the site’s link will be added to the “Useful links” page.
- Website must contain information (and/or be about) bicycles, cycling, or mechanics.
- Content must be unique and of good quality – there are many good sites, but only the best can be listed. For all the rest, there is Google.com.
- Website must not have any viruses.
I will review all the submitted sites and, as objectively as possible, decide whether they deserve a place in the “Useful links” page.
Since this is not a search engine, most sites will not be added to the list. The main point of the links page is to get the most relevant from an ocean of information that Internet is. This doesn’t mean your site is not good, or even top quality, it just means that this site’s author thinks there are better sources for cycling, or mechanics related content. Please understand that having too many links in the section will make it practically useless, beating the whole point of it. Many great sites aren’t listed – only the ones that bikegremlin.com’s author considers the best, or unique enough.
When deciding I try to be as objective as possible, but I can’t promise to explain my decisions for every submitted site.
- You can and may add a link to bike.bikegremlin.com on your website. However, this does not affect whether the site gets listed here – only your site’s quality and content matters.
- Do not offer money. Since useful links section is not an advert section and placing paid adverts would beat it’s purpose, I must respectfully decline such offers.
- If you change/improve your site’s content, please wait at least 6 months before reapplying. Re-application in a shorter time period will be automatically declined – unlike me, my computer is smart. 🙂
Bike Gremlin website has a reserved space for adverts: “Bike Gremlin partners“. It is in the right column of every page – right below the site navigation menu.
Website has two separate versions:
- English – bike.bikegremlin.com – the one you are looking at now
- and Serbocroatian – www.bikegremlin.com
Advertising is possible in both, or in just one of the versions you choose – depending on your target audience and location.
If you have a cycling, or mechanics related company, or product, you can arrange advertising by filling in the contact form at the bottom of this page.
- In the respective fields, enter the name and e-mail of the person with whom advertising is to be negotiated.
- In the “Message” field enter the company name, basic company info, and the company website if there is one.
This website supports cycling and mechanics, and these are the conditions required for the advert of your company, or product to be placed here:
- Product/company must be related to cycling, or mechanics.
- It must be something that I’d heartily recommend. That is products that I have used and been happy with, or companies that I’ve got good experience with, or are highly reputable.
I reserve the right to decide what content and adverts are placed on this site. If an advertising offer is respectfully declined, it is because I find the product/company not relevant enough to be advertised here. This does not have to mean that the product/company is bad, just that a site this specific won’t offer things that are not related to the content of the site. Offering more money won’t change that.
In case of a change/improvement of the product/company, it is worth trying again, but please don’t make same/similar offers every month.
Write to this email:
my name (relja) @ this domain (bikegremlin.com).